Breastfeeding is the best way to feed your baby and has many benefits to you and your baby.
Why Breast Is Best For Your Baby:
- Colostrum, the first fluid produced by your breasts in the days after your baby’s birth, helps protect them from infections
- Breast milk is made up of all the nutrients your baby needs for healthy growth and development, for their first 6 months of life
- Once solid foods are introduced, breast milk remains a very good source of nutrition
- It can assist in protect your baby against many health problems such as allergies, asthma, ear infections and gastroenteritis
- It is easy for them to digest
- Breastfeeding is convenient and available whenever your baby needs to feed.
Why Breast Is Best For You:
- It’s an economical option for feeding your baby and doesn’t take time to prepare
- Breastfeeding helps you bond with your baby
- It may help reduce your risk of breast and ovarian cancer and osteoporosis
- It can help your body return to its normal size after birth more quickly.